Tuesday, August 7, 2012

An American shop in Melbourne!

Last weekend I was trying to make some waffles using the waffle mix I bought a couple of weeks back. It was my first time trying out this mix so I am not sure how it will turn out. And it was a bad mix (I followed the instructions to the tee) but my waffles stuck to the waffle plates! Even after I glazed the plates with oil they still sticking.

Feeling a little frustrated, I decided to check where I could find some Betty Crocker's Bisquick, the American pancake and waffle mix that we all loved. Went to a forum and saw someone posted about this place...


Apparently they have just landed here in Melbourne and being the only store in Australia! We are so fortunate eh? :P However, the store is still sparsely filled with stock. Probably they have not brought in all the stuff yet so will have to wait for a while before we can get more selections of the stock. The goods are all more expensive than they were selling in the States. The good thing is, you can purchase your favorite American food online too.

I found my Bisquick but it was priced at $9.90 instead of $2 or $3 selling in the States. In Malaysia I can get the same box for RM17+. So it is RM30+ for a box here which is almost double! In the end I got the other brand, Jiffy instead which just as good.

At least now my waffles turned out fine....


USA Foods - www.usafoods.com.au
110 Cochranes Road, Moorabbin Victoria 3189
Tel: (03) 9555 0288

0 Hopper's Notes: