Thursday, June 30, 2011

Are you a Challenge Coins collector?

I am not a coin collector so I don't have much knowledge in them. When I came across the challenge coins, I don't have the faintest idea what they were so only after I Googled about it then did I know that these were the coins made specially for a certain organizations for their members.

From the information found in Wikipedia, I've learned that these challenge coins were first made by a wealthy military pilot which he then presented them to the other pilots in his squadron as mementos of their service together. These coins were gold plated and bore the squadron’s insignia.

Pretty interesting!

1 Hopper's Notes:

Military Challenge Coins said...

Yes i am different kinds of coins collector like Military Challenge Coins,Challenge Coins,Wedding Challenge Coins etc.