Saturday, August 28, 2010

Collecting gold coins as a hobby

Previously I have never thought I will collect gold coins as a hobby but I have just discovered that I can make some extra money from trading some of them! This is a rather unusual hobby for me as I am still very new in this and to know the value of these coins I have to read up a lot.

My grand uncle has been a collector of old coins for decades and he was the one who encouraged me to start this hobby so I could take over his collection one day. His has a huge collection and I can tell you, those could amount to thousands of dollars! What is more, these coins will appreciate over time as they have certain historical values attached to them. Cool right?

Now, I am spending some of my free time reading up on this... especially those rare coins.

0 Hopper's Notes: