Friday, October 5, 2007

My Once Normadic Life

During my almost 10 years stay in Singapore, I have moved a total of 5 times! That average out to one every 2 years. However, that was not the case as the initial 5 years I was living with my uncle and his family. As their kids getting older, I felt as if I am intruding into their privacy since I shared room with them. Therefore, I decided to move out and live on my own.

I don't quite like moving house as each time I have to throw some of my things away since my rented room could not take in all my junks! Like the Cantonese saying "Siong ouk pun har ouk, em kin yat lor guk" which simply means "moving from top floor to the ground floor, lost a bucket of wheat". I guessed most of you know that I'm a shopaholic, I have countless of shoes, bags as well as clothings that I am so heavy hearted to part with. With the escalating property prices, my rentals went up but my room is getting smaller... so I still have to get rid of some of my beloved collections.

There was once I moved twice within 3 months! It was a real hassle as I have to keep changing my mailing address! I have to call up so many people including the banks, the credit card companies and the CPF Board about my change of address. How I wish I was rich enough to get someone to do that kind of job for me... Later I have to get to the post office to subscribe to their redirecting mail service so I can get all my mails to my current address.

If I were to move house again, I will sure to engage a professional to do the job for me as I don't want to go through that kind of hassle anymore.

1 Hopper's Notes:

Jessica said...

Hi, my names Jessica, I work for moveme.com - thanks for including our links in your blog, that's really great!
As you may know, we also have a blog of our own, and when we start linking in other peoples blogs into our, I would love to put in a link to this one. Let me know if this is okay! email me